Tuesday 22 October 2013

Photoshop Thumbnail (2)

Second Photoshop Thumbnail

Like my first digital thumbnail, this one was just an exploration of perspective and depth but I'm really happy with the finished product so I'm keeping it as another final idea which I will experiment with further.


I was told by Jordan (digital painting lecturer) that I should veer away from using such soft brushes which I will do in future with my colour and composition studies of this scene. I know I've made some obvious mistakes and miscalculations but I'm hoping with the practice my further studies of these scenes will give me, my technique with photoshop will improve immensely.

3 comments:

  1. Actually, you've got a nice "misty" effect from using the soft brushes on the background - if you repaint the foreground elements using hard brushes, you might be surprised at the result.

    Oh, and the midground figures are a bit too high-contrast - you might want to knock them back to a little lighter grey.

    The composition is pretty nice - you've got a rough rule of thirds going, and the perspective is working; the lighting might be improved by playing up the contrast between the "natural" blue glow and the "artificial" yellow of the explorer's torch - for example, the lighting in the top left quadrant is rather yellow too, so you lose some of that effect - have a go at adjusting it to a more blue colour (try a layer over the top set to "hue" mode in photoshop) and see what you think of the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay thanks Daniel, I will try that later tonight and upload my results

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is this'll make an excellent final piece when developed!

    ReplyDelete