The first idea I've come up with is of a fish sitting in his house in an armchair when he looks at a photo frame on a wall beside him.
- He gets up to straighten it.
- when he sits down the frame slides even more out of place.
- He gets up a second time to fix it.
- Yet again when he sits down it goes even more out of place.
- He gets up a third time, straightens the frame, then sits down again.
- He sighs out of relief and the whole wall collapses to reveal the undersea environment.
This idea has a similar concept to the first but instead involves a crab (with human features) that is admiring his car that he had just finished polishing.
- He gives the car a final scrub with a cloth he is holding
- When he stands back to admire it again the bumper falls off
- He scrambles to fix it back on but when he does, the tail light drops off
- He runs to the rear of the car to force it back on but then the front wheel comes loose and rolls down a hill
- As he is about to run after it the car falls apart altogether
Although these are quick ideas I haven't yet pitched to my group members, I have started looking at influences and would like to use Bikini Bottom from Spongebob as a reference in terms of its underwater yet human-like environment and characters.